The number of grantees is determined by the National Agency in accordance with the grant allocated to Altınbaş University for the year.
- Being selected for and nominated to a university within the Erasmus+ program does not automatically guarantee Erasmus+ funding. The amount of funding available and the number of students that can be funded with that amount in any year can only be known after the funds have been made available by the Turkish National Agency.
- The amount of available funding and the minimum requirements are subject to change. The guide published by the National Agency should be consulted for valid rules and regulations of the application term.
- Altınbaş University receives the Erasmus grants from National Agency and therefore the grant distributions are assented for each student around July-August.
Grants are paid to students in two instalments. 80% of the grant is paid before the mobility period 30-45 days following the submission of before mobility documents and arrival confirmations to Erasmus Office, and the remaining part is paid after the student submits all required after mobility documents, depending on the mobility duration as verified by the Certificate of Attendance and taking into account the student’s level of success and fulfilling their responsibilities. Payments are made in Euros, which requires a Euro bank account in Denizbank.
Erasmus+Internship program provides monthly stipend to students based on the table below. Altınbaş University holds the right to determine the maximum duration for grant payment.
|Countries||Host Countries in Mobility |
2021-22 Academic Year
|Monthly Study Mobility Grant (€)
|1st and 2nd Group Program Countries||Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Lichtenstein, Norway, Sweden, The United Kingdom, Iceland, Luxembourg, Belgium, Cyprus, Germany, Greece, The Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Austria, Malta||600
|3rd Group Program Countries||Bulgaria, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Serbia, Macedonia, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Croatia||400
|Countries ||Host Countries in Mobility |
After 2021-22 Academic Year
|Monthly Study Mobility Grant (€)
|1st and 2nd Group Program Countries||Germany, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Cyprus, Netherlands, Ireland, Spain, Sweden, Italy, Iceland, Lichtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, Portugal, Greece||750
|3rd Group Program Countries||Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Macedonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia||600
Grant Deduction and Repayment
Deductions and/or repayment may apply to students who do not fulfill their responsibilities and/or are unsuccessful. Grant deduction and/or repayment may take place in case of the following:
- If the participant does not complete the required after mobility documents in line with the terms of the agreement, the rest of the grant based on total duration of mobility shall be deducted.
- If the participant does not submit the approved certificate of participation which are the proof for fulfillment of the mobility, the grant that has been paid before shall be refunded by the student.
- If the participant does not complete the online final participant report(EU Survey) after the mobility, %20 of the grant will be deducted. If OLS exams are not completed, 5% of the grant based on total duration of mobility shall be deducted.
- If a participant fails to submit and complete all the required paperwork to Altınbaş University on time, the participant will be obliged to pay the grant received back to Altınbaş University.
- If a student returns home country before the end of the mobility period and/or before the min. required duration (min. 2 months), then sanctions regarding the Erasmus+ grant will be implemented. If there is a “Force Majeure” situation, student should immediately get in touch with Erasmus Office and Erasmus Office will seek the Turkish National Agency’s advice and approval on the matter. If Turkish National Agency approves the situation as “Force Majeure”, then Erasmus Office will inform the student and the student will be able to return home before the end of the mobility period. The student will only receive the grant for valid days of mobility. If the student returns home without getting in touch with Erasmus Office first, then the mobility will be considered as invalid and the student will be asked to return the initial grant back to Altınbaş University.
Zero Grant Students
Students are able to participate in Erasmus+Internship program without receiving a grant. However, it should be noted that the students have to go through the same application & selection procedures and also submit the required documents (before-during-after mobility) to Erasmus Office.
Erasmus Disability Grant
- Additional grants are available for students with disabilities and health conditions wishing to participate in an Erasmus+ placement and where participation would not be possible without extra financial support.
- The allowance is offered when disabilities or health conditions lead to additional mobility costs, which exceed the maximum grant allocations allowed, and which cannot be recovered from other sources. The grant covers approved actual costs.
- Applications for the Erasmus Disability Grant must be submitted to Erasmus Office prior to the start of the mobility.
- Student’s application must include a statement from a doctor or other authority confirming the disability or health condition, its severity, the impact on the Erasmus+ mobility, additional requirements and additional costs to be met. A detailed estimate of costs is required.
- The application should provide information on any other sources of financial support that the student receives and why this is insufficient to cover extra costs.
- If you have any questions and requested forms please send an e-mail to email@example.com
Additional Grant Opportunity for Students with Financial Needs
This part is only applicable to students who hold Turkish citizenship:
Economically disadvantaged students who are selected for the Internship Mobility will be paid an extra grant from the internship mobility budget, in addition to the amount of monthly grant specified in the grant table.
- Students who are covered by the 2828 numbered Social Services Law (official proving document is needed)
- Students who receive orphan’s pension (official proving document is needed)
- Children of martyr and veterans (official proving document is needed)
- Student or the student’s parents receive financial aid (muhtaçlık aylığı)
(In order to benefit from the additional grant, during the application phase, the student must submit the document indicating either the student or the student’s parents receive financial aid from municipalities, public institutions such as Ministries, Social Welfare and Solidarity Foundations, T.R. Directorate General of Foundations, Turkish Red Crescent, Ministry of Interior Disaster and Emergency Management Presidency (AFAD). Information regarding the way and the period in which the document is to be submitted to Erasmus Office will be announced to the students in the program announcements and/or via e-mails by Erasmus Office)
NEW: Green Travel Grant
With the new Erasmus+ Program students are encouraged to use low-emissions means of transport for the main part of the travel, such as bus, train or car-pooling.
Students who will use these means of transport will receive a single contribution of 50 EUR as a top-up amount to the individual support and up to 4 days of extra grant to cover travel days for a return trip, if relevant.
At the end of the mobility, students are obliged to present documents (bus ticket, train ticket etc.) proving that the green travel has taken place.
Zero-grant students are not eligible for green travel grant.
NEW: Train instead of Plane (TIP) Scheme for UNIC Universities
Students who will study at one of UNIC partners and use train to travel to host destination will be eligible for applying for UNIC Train Instead of Plane (TIP) scheme.
For detailed information about the scheme please visit: Go Green: Train Instead Plane